Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Hello, Everyone!


My name is India. I'm 18 and in my third semester of community college. On April 2, 2009 at 16 years of age, I gave birth to my daughter, Athena. I am no longer with her father, Corey, and that's an area I prefer not to get into. I'm completely content raising Athena alone.
Not completely alone, of course. As they say, it takes a village. My entire family and a bundle of my friends have been of such valuable help to me not only throughout my pregnancy, but throughout Athena's life so far.
The purpose of this blog is simple. I'd like people to see that it's completely possible for teenage mothers to adapt successfully to parenting; that we're not all like the girls on Teen Mom. I want other young parents to see that they're not alone in their struggles, stress, alienation and exhaustion.
We're all in this together.

No comments:

Post a Comment